When Times Square is your backyard, it’s imperative that you bring your A-game to every business transaction. In NYC, brands are coming at you faster than a bike messenger going against traffic on Broadway. Based in midtown Manhattan for over forty years, Village Print & Media has learned a thing or two from working alongside some of the top global marketing and branding execs. Here are five attributes of a successful logo design:
- Simple – easily recognizable; interesting without being too complex
- Original – distinctive and clear; accurately and uniquely represents the brand
- Timeless – doesn’t follow trends of the moment; able to endure the ages
- Flexible – able to be scaled to any size; works across various mediums
- Relevant – design is appropriate for its intended purpose
Apple is a great example of a company with a strong logo. It features all of the above attributes and as a result, combined with the quality that Apple symbolizes, has become one of the most widely recognized icons in our culture today.
Here at Village Print & Media, we kept these five attributes in mind when designing our own company logo. A simple piece of advice that Village Print & Media’s Art Director, Linda Marsala, frequently shares with clients is: a good logo can be drawn in sand with your fingers. The design team at Village Print & Media can help you bring your A-game by creating an effective logo that accurately represents your company and brand.