VPM is Manhattan’s 24/7 digital & specialty printer. We are currently experiencing explosive growth and are seeking a talented Pre-Press / Junior Graphic Designer to join our in-house team. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and experience in print production while also working on design projects for our clientele through our creative agency, VSEEN.
- Familiarity with pre-press operations and possess production/printing knowledge
- Expert working knowledge of CMYK workflows, file resolution/formats, printing, substrates and finishing techniques
- Able to handle multiple high priority projects and work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and deliver quality results
- 2+ years of experience in print and/or design industry
- High proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Able to properly follow defined brand guidelines when applicable
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong layout and typography skills
- Ability to take direction while offering strong initiative
- Friendly and upbeat – comfortable client facing
- A solid design portfolio that features creative talent will be considered before those without
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working directly under the Production Manager to produce work in accordance to workflow requirements: pre-flight, imposition, artwork correction, editing and updating artwork
- Departmental organization including: phone calls, email correspondence, file management
- Assist with overflow work from the design department of our creative agency, VSEEN: editing, layout, data-merge, etc.
- Work with VSEEN to create custom designs for a wide range of collateral across various industries
Please list any additional creative skills that you may have such as photography, video making & editing, web design, copy writing etc.
This is a full-time opportunity that offers benefits, training, and a great opportunity to join a 45+ year company and be a major contributor to its growth. If interested, please email your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Salary is commensurate with experience.