Ever freak yourself out wondering what kind of character is lurking down the alley way near your apartment? Enter “NIGHTMARE New York” and you’ll quickly become a valued taxi customer.
From “that girl” who went missing to alligators in the subway to Cropsey “coming to get you,” every frightening urban legend in NYC history will be resurrected this October. NIGHTMARE New York—NYC’s longest running haunted house—is entering its 11th season with more ambition to scare the hair off of you than ever before. This state-of-the-art haunted house might make you run for the Westchester hills.
NIGHTMARE is paying ode to the city that has continuously given this haunted attraction critical acclaim with a NYC legendary horror stories and urban legends theme that captures the heart of this city’s darkness, both past and present. Producer Steve Kopelman said that, “producing a haunted attraction based on the lore of New York City promises to be our greatest challenge ever.” With 30 years of haunted attraction experience and a client list that includes Rob Zombie, don’t think this challenge won’t be met.
This is not your traditional haunted house. It’s supposed to scare you, maybe even make you cry a little. Therefore, here are a few things to keep in mind beforehand:
– This is an adult haunted house. Let’s put it this way: The director of The Exorcist claims that he’s never experienced anything so terrifying. Leave the kids at home.
– There’s pitched black hallways, strobe lights, fog, and uneven footing at times. Trade in your heeled boots for flats for 25 minutes.
– Don’t dress to impress. Your shoes will most likely get stepped on and your clothes might get tousled.
– Groups of 6-12 people are allowed in together.
– Once you’re in, you’re in. Bathroom opportunities take place before and after the walk through to help prevent you from peeing your pants.
– Attention all scaredy cats: if you can’t take the heat, you’ve got a few opportunities to exit the building, but there will be no refunds.
NIGHTMARE: NEW YORK will run September 26th through November 1st, 2014.
Location: The Clemente, 107 Suffolk Street in LES.
Check out the NIGHTMARE New York trailer to get a taste of the experience.