Never mind planning a vacation to escape winter in the city, start planning your staycation in New York. The list of the best U.S. travel destinations for 2015 has been unveiled, and the winner is… Queens.
Since the travel guidebook publisher Lonely Planet first released this news, articles concerning new microbreweries, spas, boutique hotels, sports parks, restaurants, and newly established beaches have been popping up all over the Internet. While most NewYorkers are itching to get out of the cold, windy city and head to destinations elsewhere, the rest of the world will be planning to check out why this borough was voted the number one city to visit in 2015. Whether you want to fulfill your curiosity to see what all the hype is about or be in vogue with the latest traveling trends, consider taking a staycation, a vacation spent at home or nearby (as defined by the Webster dictionary, we swear), in Queens this year.
Here are a few things to add to your to-do list when planning your Queens getaway:
- Secure your spot at one of the many boutique hotels, offering incredible views of the city, like Z Hotel New York, Ravel Hotel, and One Boutique Hotel.
- Indulge in a craft beer tasting, tour, and more at Rockaway Brewing Company, Big Alice Brewing, SingleCut Beersmiths, Transmitter Brewing, or Finback Brewery, just to name a few.
- Head over to Astoria, famous for its Greek restaurants.
- Check out these off-the-beaten-path art galleries that New Yorkers and Queens locals are buzzing about.
- If it snows, try cross-country skiing along the Forest Park’s trails or snowshoeing at Bayside’s Fort Totten.
Check out more information for your getaway to Queens and see the other 9 cities that made the list here.
What are your thoughts about Queens being voted the number one destination city for 2015? Do you think another borough should have won the title? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!